Month: February, 2011
My head is likely to explode. And if it does, nobody will be getting their photograph taken! Thus, I’ll try to refrain from exploding head syndrome. I thought I’d have a day off today, but instead I spent it taking care of animals, doing a lot of thinking about cleaning, packing orders (the bane of my existence), photographing products, fighting off impending illness, and thinking some more about cleaning. All that thinking wore me out.
Giveaway #2 (and my final giveaway participation in 2011) has officially begun! The It’s A Preemie Thing Blog launched today (and by today, I mean approximately 2 hours and 50 minutes ago–yes I am awake at 2:50 AM blogging and tomorrow/today is going to be hell on Earth). Tons of preemies are going to be making their families very very lucky in about 10 days. About a trillion photographers nation and worldwide donated to the giveaway, as well as other vendors. Vendors I’m sure mommies will understand. I, on the other hand, know nothing about babywearing and sleepsacks, though I am sure they are delightful! Except the babywearing. That sounds strange to me. I hope you wear something other than the baby. Maybe you wear the sleepsack!
Anyway. You can find the photographer giveaways here. If you know of anyone who had or has a preemie, please direct them to It’s A Preemie Thing. Lots of love over there.
I swear I’m going to start posting photographs on this PHOTOGRAPHER’S blog soon. I’m just so tired from all this thinking.
Woohoo, yeehaw, yippee skippy! It’s over!!!
First place winner: Caitlin from Fredericksburg, Texas
Second place winner: Elisa from Kerrville, Texas
Congratulations ladies! Please contact me using the contact form on the menu above to discuss your photo sessions!
Thanks to everyone for participating and to all of your friends and family who helped along the way! I’m pretty sure I can hear the sound of everyone patting themselves on the back.
I would also like to mention that contestant Raylene Gill in Fort Hood, who is facing so many challenges with her husband soon to be deployed and a very sick child, will not be forgotten. Kimberly Davis, a friend and talented Austin photographer who attended the same photography program at UNT with me, has graciously offered to take Raylene’s family portrait.
Now I have to take a hiatus or else my computer might go on strike (it dislikes the overuse of exclamation points). The last 2011 giveaway I’m participating in starts on Monday. I’m not really sure why I did these giveaways back to back, but I think it starts with a C, ends with a Y, and has RAZ in the middle. My participation in Monday’s giveaway is just a small piece of a national blog launch for the families of premature babies by It’s A Preemie Thing. Do you know anyone (anywhere in the world!) who had or has a preemie? Send them to It’s A Preemie Thing so they can participate in the launch and win a ton of goodies!
Peace out guys.
Who Can Participate?
- Contest is open to anyone (including people I know, family, friends, or past clients) and can be for a child, newborn, pet, couple/engagement, or small family session (no more than 4 people).
- Contestants may be from anywhere, but sessions will take place in or around Kerrville, Texas in 2011.
- Entrant must be 18 or older.
- One entry per person.
How Do I Enter?
- Visit soulologie’s Facebook page and post a description of your dream photo session on the wall.
- Tell everyone you know to come to soulologie’s Facebook page, like the page, then find and “like” your post. Tell them to tell their friends to come vote for you! Get on Facebook, your blog, your email, a PA system, rent a plane and fly a sign behind it…whatever it takes–just get out there and get people to vote for you! And yes, you may vote for yourself.
How Are Entries Judged?
- You are in complete control of your chances. I plan to just sit back, watch the process, and enjoy the posts.
- The post that has the most “likes” by the end of the contest will win first place. Second place will go to the runner up. Comments will not count as likes.
- The contest begins on Saturday February 5 at 12:00 AM CST and ends on Saturday February 12 at 11:59 PM CST.
- First place winner will receive a free session ($225 value) and 20% off all a la carte items.
- Second place winner will receive 50% off the session fee ($112.50 value) and 10% off all a la carte items.
- Winners will be officially announced on Sunday February 13.
Stuff You Should Know
- Contact me with any questions and to inquire about pricing.
- Winning sessions must be scheduled and shot prior to December 1, 2011.
- Prize retail value cannot be altered or changed in any way and is not redeemable for cash.
- No other promotions or discounts can be applied to prizes.
- Prizes are not transferable to other persons.
- Winners must be willing to sign a portrait contract and model release.
- Winning sessions will be treated exactly like paid sessions.
Don’t want to enter yourself but know someone who might?
You can share this by clicking on the Facebook, Twitter, or Email links below this post.
This blog is like a baby in the womb who just won’t come out and needs an emergency c-section. I’ve been tinkering around with it for well over six months and it just wouldn’t breathe its first breath. I even forgot about it for awhile. Women probably don’t forget about actual pregnancies so my analogy is a little off, but stay with me. Well…actually there are some women who don’t even know they’re pregnant. (Thanks TLC for informing me of that fact and offering up endless accounts of I was Pregnant and Didn’t Know It. I knew it would come in handy eventually!)
Analogies are not my friends. I tend to forget the purpose and end up discussing some bizarre topic. Nevertheless, I’m fond of them and will continue to ramble.
So, who in the heck is the person pregnant with a blog? That’d be me. Erin. I’m a photographer. Soulologie (that’s with a lowercase ‘s’ thankyouverymuch) is the lovechild I had with my cameras. Yes, soulologie has multiple fathers–I just love cameras. I photograph just about anything. I enjoy photographing keyboards of all shapes and sizes. That probably has something to do with my deep-seated love for the internet, but I’m not going to examine it too thoroughly. Mostly I photograph humans and animals and do my damndest to capture the fleeting truth of now and that is what soulologie is all about.
Back to this blog. It’s here. Obviously. I don’t know if it’s a boy or a girl. It’s likely a little bit of both. (I’m not going to follow that train of thought because that will likely bring some strange folks to my blog.) So, the blog is fully functional, but it’s a little sparse. In the future you’ll see much more of my work, both personal and clients, as well as anything else I deem worthy to post (which is pretty much anything that strikes my fancy). If you need immediate eye candy you can visit the website or the Facebook page.
I’m thrilled you stopped by, but make sure to come back tomorrow. I’m doing only two giveaways in 2011 and one starts tomorrow!